Monday 30 July 2012

PHOTO OF THE DAY: Female Wrestler Lifts Michelle Obama

First Lady Michelle Obama was swept off her feet, not by President Obama, but by U.S. wrestler Elena Pirozhkova, when the two met on Friday, as Mrs. Obama met with athletes at the Olympics to give them a team boost... Pirozhkova, a native of Russia who moved to the U.S. when she was three, asked Michelle Obama,  "Can I pick you up?"

"Even before she made the rounds I thought I can't just hug her like everybody else," she said. "I think she was nervous. I went slow. I just picked her up. I wanted to ask her permission. There was security all around. And she gave it. I will only meet her once. I wanted to do something different."

Elena Pirozhkova stands at 5-feett-5 and competes in the 63 kilogram (approximately 138 lbs) category.

The picture was captured and tweeted by fellow wrestler Clarissa Chun.












Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless handheld from Glo Mobile.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.